BMC Client Management - Patch
Security threats to your applications and operating systems have never been more pervasive. Ensuring your organization's computers are properly patched with the latest releases from an ever-growing list of vendors is time-consuming and difficult. Mistakes and delays in the patch process can be extremely costly to the business.
CM Patch powered by Shavlik®, automatically scans your environment and identifies which devices are missing which patches. It also provides administrators with options for quick deployment of critical fixes to ensure compliance and reduce the risk of a security breach or incident, including the option to set once and automate the ongoing patching for operating systems and applications across the environment. Administrators can easily track the progress of patch updates in real time and can utilize built-in wizards to quickly define pre- and post-installation parameters to control how deployment occurs. BMC FootPrints Patch Manager tracks and provides patch management options for Microsoft operating systems, Exchange, SQL, and Citrix, as well as a wide range of other third-party applications.
The main features of CM Patch are:
- Service Anywhere - Secure and patch local devices or machines across the internet without the need for a VPN
- Automatic bulletin updates - Configure downloads and updates to the vulnerability and patch bulletins catalog
- Set-it-and-forget-it patching - Determine your deployment options, patch criteria, and how you want to deploy patch updates over time - automatically or upon review and approval - with the built-in wizard
- Missing patches view - View a list of missing patches per device with their severity level
- Wake-on-LAN - Distribute patches and other related maintenance tasks automatically, outside of business hours, by waking PCs, deploying patches, and shutting down machines once updates are complete
- Support for Microsoft and non-Microsoft solutions - Deploy patches for such products as Citrix, Exchange, SQL, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe, Apple iTunes, WinZip, and more including MacOS devices
- Dynamic groups - Easily target groups of devices for updates based on patching requirements and computer attributes
- Status tracker - Monitor the patching process in real-time and receive detailed information regarding any errors or anomalies so you can take immediate corrective measures