BMC Client Management - Compliance
Enforcing compliance policies and assessing assets is difficult and time-consuming. To complicate matters, compliance standards are often interpreted differently from one auditor to another. As a result, compliance can quickly become a moving target. Reduce your compliance risk with the most comprehensive asset inventory and PC lifecycle management solution on the market today - and automate policy compliance across Windows, Mac, and Linux® environments.
With CM Compliance, along with CM Inventory, and Patch, you can quickly evaluate and remediate corporate, regulatory, and industry compliance requirements with a single database and console.
The main features of CM Compliance are:
- Intelligent software recognition - Assess licensable software units, choose what you want to manage, add licenses, and track usage with software inventory normalization for consistency
- Automated patching - Keep desktop and server software current with fully-automated, wizard configurable, set-it-and-forget-it patch management
- Security software "manager of managers" - View, control, monitor, and update all major anti-virus and anti-spyware software from a single source; apply definition updates and security settings; deploy out-of-the-box compliance templates and customizable alerts
- Compliance management - Define policies based on your vendors' licensing agreements and other regulatory standards with essential tools, reports, and templates for PCI, ISO 27001, ISO 27002, NIST, and Microsoft hardening guides
- Compliance check - Visually identify your compliance status with new dashboards and drill-down functionality
- Software metering -Track the actual usage of any given application and redeploy unused software licenses to other users
- Dynamic groups - Identify, group, and remediate those devices that do not adhere to defined compliance policies
- Agent/agentless - Support both agent and agentless discovery of assets with detailed configuration information
- Multi-OS support - Support the discovery of software licenses on network devices for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and VMware, including workstations, servers, laptops, mobile machines, and network devices, such as printers