Updating CI locations by using Manage Bulk Updates
You can use the Manage Bulk Updates feature to update CI locations of multiple CIs simultaneously.
Before you begin
For software license management ensure that you enter the required value in the Company field for the CI of type System Software. If you are managing site licenses ensure that you enter the required value in the Site field for the CI of type Computer System. Discovery products update the values of these fields. In case, the field values are not updated, you can use the bulk update feature to update the information.
To update CI locations in bulk
- In the navigation pane of the Asset Management console, select Functions > Manage Bulk Updates.
- In the CI Search Criteria area, specify your search criteria, and click Search.
- From the table, select all the CIs for which you want to change the location, and click Update CI Location.
- In the Relocate CIs dialog box, from the Company, Region, Site Group, and Site lists, select the required values, and click Save.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
In a multi-tenancy environment, when CIs are updated using Manage Bulk Updates, and you change the company, the product categorizations may not apply to the new company. To ensure that the product categorizations get applied to the new company, you must run the Normalization Engine. For more information about running Normalization engine, see .