Relating people through bulk updates
You can use the bulk update feature to relate people to CIs.
To relate people through a bulk update
- In the navigation pane of the Asset Management console, choose Functions > Manage Bulk Updates.
- In the Manage Bulk Updates dialog box, in the CI Search Criteria area, specify your search criteria, and click Search.
- In the People Search Criteria area, specify your search criteria, and click Search.
- From the CI Search Results table, select the CIs you want to relate to a person. Or, select one CI to relate to several people.
- From the People Search Results table, select the people records that you want to relate to a CI. Or, select one person to relate to several CIs.
- From the Role list, select the role you want the person or people, who are assigned to this CI, to perform.
- Click Relate.
- In the confirmation message, click OK.
If the value of the Asset ID field is NULL in the AST:AssetPeople, follow the steps mentioned in the knowledge article to resolve the issue.