Relating a schedule to a CI
You can relate a maintenance schedule or audit schedule to one or more CIs. For example, to maintain a server on a standard interval, create a maintenance schedule. Then relate the schedule to the CI record for the server.
You can add only the following CI types to a schedule:
- Application Infrastructure
- Application System
- Computer System
- Software Server
To relate a schedule to a CI
- Open a CI, as described in Using search.
- From the navigation pane, choose Functions > Schedule.
This option is available only for valid CI types that can be added to a schedule.
- In the Schedule Information dialog box, from the Schedule Type list, select the type of schedule that you want to relate, and click Create.
The Select the schedule(s) to be related dialog box appears.
- Select the schedule you want to relate to the CI.
- Click Relate Selected Schedule.
The schedule appears in the Schedule Information table.