Managing asset inventory
You can perform several actions on the CIs that have In Inventory status. For example, relocating these CIs, reserving these CIs, tracking these CIs and so on. You can also change the status of several CIs to In Inventory in bulk.
Before you can track inventory, you must add items to inventory.
- To add a bulk item to inventory, you must create a Bulk Inventory CI and an Inventory Location CI, and then relate the two. Bulk inventory items are CIs that you order in quantity, such as power cables.
- To add a CI to inventory, change the Status field on the CI record to In Inventory, and then designate a location.
After items are in inventory, you can view, relocate, and reserve and use CIs and bulk inventory items.
- Creating bulk inventory CIs
- Creating inventory location CIs
- Placing bulk CIs in inventory
- Placing non-bulk CIs in inventory
- Viewing inventory locations
- Relocating CIs
- Reserving and using inventory