Managing asset inventory
This section describes how to track and manage configuration items (CIs) that are in inventory and available for deployment.
Before you can track inventory, you must add items to inventory.
- To add a bulk item to inventory, you must create a Bulk Inventory CI and an Inventory Location CI, and then relate the two. Bulk inventory items are CIs that you order in quantity, such as power cables.
- To add a CI to inventory, change the Status field on the CI record to In Inventory, and then designate a location.
After items are in inventory, you can view, relocate, and reserve and use CIs and bulk inventory items.
- Creating bulk inventory CIs
- Creating inventory location CIs
- Placing bulk CIs in inventory
- Placing non-bulk CIs in inventory
- Viewing inventory locations
- Relocating CIs
- Reserving and using inventory
For additional information about importing In Inventory assets, you can view the BMC Communities blog post, Importing In Inventory assets.