Generating a review schedule
You can use the configuration catalog to set up review schedules. Use review schedules to review active configurations on a monthly, weekly, or yearly basis. You can review configurations that might contain outdated hardware or software. When you review a configuration, you can create a new version of the current configuration and relating all new CIs.
After you generate a review schedule, you can perform the following tasks:
- Relate additional configurations to a review schedule
- Remove configurations from a review schedule
- Mark a review as in progress or completed
To generate a review schedule
- On the Asset Management console, from the navigation pane, choose Functions > Manage Configurations.
- In the Manage Configurations dialog box, select an active and approved configuration, and click View.
- In the Configuration Information form, click the Schedule Name field and press Enter.
- In the Select Schedule dialog box, click Create Schedule Information.
- In the Schedule Criteria form, complete the following fields:
Specify the name of the schedule.
Provide a short description of the schedule.
Leave the default value, which is Review Schedule.
Select how often you want the configuration to be reviewed (for example, monthly).
Lead Time in Days
Specify the number of days in advance you want someone to be notified.
Specify the name of the company assigned to perform the review.
Notification Support Organization
Specify the name of the organization assigned to perform the review.
Notification Support Group
Specify the name of the group assigned to perform the review.
Specify the name of the contact assigned to perform the review.
- Click Save.
- In the Select Schedule dialog box, select the review schedule that you created, and click Relate Selected Schedule.
The schedule appears in the Schedule Name field in the Configuration Information form. The next review date appears in the Next Review Date field.