Creating BMC Asset Management web services
In BMC Asset Management, you can use web services to query and update purchase requisitions, purchase line items, purchase work information records, purchase orders, and purchase returns.
The following is a list of the interface forms available for BMC Asset Management. These interface forms are described as used by web services in the sections that follow.
|AST:PurchaseRequisitionInterface_Create||Creates a purchase requisition and related work information record.|
|AST:PurchaseLineItemInterface_Create||Creates a purchase line item and related work information record A purchase order can be created depending on the input status.|
|AST:WorkInfoInterface_Create||Creates a work information record for either purchase requisition or purchase line item.|
|AST:PurchaseRequisitionInterface||Queries and modifies a purchase requisition.|
|AST:PurchaseOrderInterface||Queries and modifies a purchase order.|
|AST:PurchaseLineItemInterface||Queries and modifies a purchase line item.|
The interface create forms can have the following sectional headers under which fields are grouped. Some fields shown on the interface forms are not mapped in the web services because they are either set by workflow or system-generated. Fields where values are input are described in the web service mapping tables.
- Required Input Field Values — Fields where a value must be input
- Conditional Required Input Field Values — Fields that may require a value depending on other fields which are input
- Optional Input Field Values — Fields where a value can optionally be input
- Fields Set through Workflow — Fields that are set by workflow, and therefore do not require any input value
- Fields Set through Workflow or Input Values — Fields that can be set by workflow but also support the option of inputting a value
- Change Management Integration fields — Fields that can be used if BMC Change Management is installed
- PO Creation Field Values — Fields that can be input if creating a Purchase Order
- Reference Numbers Generated — Fields that are generated as a result of the create operation
More operations are available via web services. The following is a list of the web services available for BMC Asset Management. These web services are described in the topics in this section.
|AST_PurchaseRequisitionInterface_Create_WS||Supports the creation of parent purchase requisitions and child purchase line items It also supports the creation of a work information record for parent and child items. A purchase order can be created depending on the status of the purchase requisition and purchase line items.|
|AST_PurchaseRequisition_QueryModify_WS||Queries and modifies purchase requisitions and its work information records and purchase line items.|
|AST_PurchaseOrder_QueryModify_WS||Queries and modifies purchase orders and its purchase line items.|
|AST_PurchaseLineItem_QueryModify_WS||Queries and modifies purchase line items and its work information records and return records.|
|AST_WorkInfoInterface_Create_WS||Supports the creation of work information records for either a purchase requisition or purchase line item.|
The following existing web services will be phased out as the functionality becomes available in the above new web services.
|AST_PurchaseOrder_WS||Updates and queries both purchase orders with the date included and purchase order line items.|
|AST_PurchaseOrder_WS_noDate||Updates and queries both purchase orders without the date and purchase order line items.|
|AST_PurchaseOrderInterface_WS||Updates and queries purchase orders with the date, but without purchase order line items.|
|AST_CIUnavailabilityInterface_WS||Queries for a list of Unavailability records that are related to a CI.|