Configuring inbox preferences
The inbox is used to track events that individuals need to take care of. Events can include:
- Contracts that have expired or are about to expire.
- Software license certificates that are not compliant or are approaching noncompliance.
- Software license certificates that have expired or are about to expire.
- Summary results of the engine run.
- List of new CIs that are linked to software license certificates.
- A rule from the Job History form that does not complete successfully.
- Events from the exception table, which can be pushed to the inbox.
From the inbox, you can indicate whether you have dealt with a message. To view the applicable contract or certificate, select the message and click View.
This topic describes how to set up preferences for the inbox. For more information about using the inbox, see Functional areas of the Contract Management console.
To configure inbox preferences
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Inbox Preferences, and then click Open.
The Inbox Preferences form is displayed.
- Select the request type.
All of the request types for contracts, certificates, and jobs are available for selection. When you select a request type, the Event Type field is populated with values. The following table describes the event types that are available based on the request type that you select:
Request type value
Corresponding event types
License Management Exceptions
- Certificates Connected with CIs
- Certificates Out of Compliance
- CIs with Multiple Certificates
- CIs without Certificates
- Job Runs Completed with Errors
- Job Runs Completed with Warnings
License Certificate or Software License
- Not Compliant
- Based on the request type that you selected, select an event type.
- Select an importance:
- High — Specifies the highest level of importance
- Medium — Specifies a middle level of importance
- Low — Specifies the lowest level of importance
- Select an attention flag:
- Needs attention — Specifies that the contract or license certificate requires that action be taken. This is the default status when a license certificate or contract is created.
- Dealt with — Indicates a status of Dealt with, which is set from the More Details dialog box that is displayed from a license certificate or contract
- Informational — Specifies that no action is required
- Select a view access:
- Public — Specifies that events can be seen by everyone who belongs to the specified company
- Group — Specifies that events can be seen only by individuals in the specified support group
- Individual — Specifies that events can be seen only by individuals within the specified support group
- Select a company.
- Select a status.
- Fill in the support company, organization, and group fields.
- Click Save and then click Close.