Configuring BMC Asset Management settings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Asset Management Settings, and then click Open.
The Asset Management Settings form appears.
- On the Asset Management Settings form, to show the current settings, click Show Settings.
- From the Action on CI Submit, select one of the following options:
- Modify Individual — The CI form closes and then reopens in modify mode.
- None — The CI form remains open in submit mode after the CI is submitted.
- From the Dataset Name list, select the production dataset for the application.
From the Sandbox Dataset Name list, specify the sandbox dataset.
If multiple sources of data provide updates to BMC Atrium CMDB, you must specify a sandbox dataset.
This dataset is used to stage updates to a production dataset. You are required to use reconciliation rules to move the data to production.
If you change the production or sandbox datasets on this form, in the Reconciliation Engine you must update the underlying reconciliation rules BMC Asset Management - Sandbox" to use the new datasets. Without this change, the data cannot be reconciled to the new production or sandbox datasets.
If you use a sandbox dataset, BMC Asset Management users cannot set their application preferences to display the CI immediately after creating it.
If the sandbox dataset is used in a development-to-production environment, select Yes from the Sandbox Enabled list. The default is No.
If the Sandbox setting is set to Yes (Asset Management Settings AST:AppSettings) and in the BMC:ASSET.SANDBOX dataset if you want to be able to submit CIs with categorization that is unapproved in the Product Catalog, and be able to merge the changes into the golden dataset, then in the Normalization Dataset Configuration (NE:DatasetOptions) form, change UnapprovedHandling from Reject to Accept for the BMC:ASSET.SANDBOX. If you want only CIs created with approved categorization to be merged to the golden dataset, keep the Reject setting. You can create the CI (with unapproved categorization) in BMC:ASSET.SANDBOX, but the changes will not be moved to the golden dataset. In this case you will need to change the Product Catalog entry to Approved before creating CIs with that categorization so the categorization is supported.
- From the Sandbox Job Calls list, select the value to specify when you want the reconciliation job to start. The options are:
- Inline - (Default) The reconciliation job starts immediately.
- Scheduled - The reconciliation job starts according to the configured sandbox schedules. You must use this option outside of the peak hours to avoid performance issues.
- Continuous - The reconciliation job runs continuously according to the interval specified for continuous jobs in the Reconciliation Engine. For more information, see .
Sandbox Job Calls feature is available starting from version 9.1 service pack 1.
- From the Sandbox Job Calls for People list, select the sandbox dataset reconciliation method for People to CMDB Person. The options are:
- Inline — Calls are processed immediately.
- Scheduled — Calls are processed in accordance with any sandbox schedules.
- System Default — The client type is used to automatically detect the method for sandbox job calls.
From the Server Date Format list, select the date format to use when calculating CI depreciation dates.
This setting must match the date format on the BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) server. If you change this setting, you must restart your BMC Remedy AR System server.
If the date format does not match the BMC Remedy AR System server date format, then there can be errors when calculating CI depreciation dates.
From the Default Company list, select a company name.
When multi-tenancy mode is enabled, a default company must be configured.
- To save the settings, perform one of the following steps:
- If you are saving the settings for the first time, click Add.
- If you are modifying existing settings, click Modify.