Closing the current period
After financial managers generate charge-back invoices, they send the invoices to the appropriate cost centers for approval. When the invoices are accepted, they send them to the company's accounting department.
After these procedures are completed, the financial manager's final task for the period is to close the current period. Closing the current period locks the charge-back entries for this period so they cannot be modified. You can still make adjustments for past charge-back entries, though, and you can still generate reports from the entries.
The financial manager uses the Cost Management Reports dialog box to close the current period. The start date is reset to the first day of the next period for all types of time periods. If the administrator has configured the period as Monthly or Quarterly, the end date is automatically generated. If the period is configured as Manual, you must select the end date for the new period.
To close the current period
- On the Asset Management console, from the navigation pane, choose Functions > Manage Costs.
- In the Manage Costs form, click Reports.
- In the Cost Management Reports dialog box, click the Step 3: Close Current Period tab.
- Click Close Current Period.
- To close the current period, in the confirmation message, click Yes.
If the time period is configured as Monthly or Quarterly, the next time period begins automatically. If the period is configured as Manual, the Current Charge Back Dates dialog box appears, and you must specify an end date for the new period.