You can change the dataset in which you are working by selecting it from the Dataset Name list on the Asset Management console.
A dataset is a collection of CIs that are identified by a unique name.
CIs can be discovered by a discovery tool or manually entered. In either situation, the CIs are likely to be put into one of the following datasets in the BMC CMDB:
- BMC Asset — The default production dataset
- BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX — The default sandbox dataset. For information about the sandbox dataset, see Using a sandbox dataset for CI data.
- BMC Configuration Import — Data from BMC Configuration Automation for Clients
- BMC.SIM — Data that is modeled in BMC Service Impact Manager
- BMC.ADDM — Data from BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping
- Third-party dataset — Other datasets from third parties
For more information about working with data in the BMC Atrium CMDB, see and in the BMC Atrium Core documentation.
To see the BMC.ADDM dataset in the Asset Management console, you must have AR System administrator permissions.