Accessing and navigating the interface
Accessing the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications
This section describes how to start the BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite of applications from your browser and navigate through the application.
To log in and access the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications
- Type the following URL into your browser:
- <webServer>: Fully qualified name of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier system, specified in the format server_name.company.com.
- <port>: (Optional) Port number (required if the web server is not on the default port)
- In the User Name and Password fields of the Welcome page, enter your user name and password.
Click Login. The IT Home Page opens.
The IT Home page opens by default, however, system administrators can configure another home page to open, instead.
Navigating the interface
This section describes the Asset Management console and some of its features, some of which are common across the other BMC Remedy IT Service Management applications. This section also introduces the other consoles in BMC Asset Management. The following topics are provided:
- IT Home page
- Navigating consoles, forms, and modules
- User interface standards for field labels
- Icons used in the interface
- Using the Asset Management console
- Role-based consoles
- Working with the Overview console
- About the Contract Management console
- About the Software Asset Management (SAM) console
- Viewing KPIs