Importing a license type
Import the license type ARX files that you have exported to the Software License Management (SWLM) servers where you want to deploy them.
Before you begin
Following are the prerequisites to importing the ARX file:
- You must have BMC Remedy AR System Admin permissions.
- The BMC Remedy Data Import tool must be installed on the server where you want to import the ARX file.
To import a license type that already exists on the destination system, you must first delete the existing license type on that system. Before you delete the license type, ensure that:
- All the existing license certificates created from the license types have been removed from the Contract.
- The status of the License Certificate is set to Draft.
- The status of the License Type is set to Offline.
To import license types
The import is a two-step process. You must first upload the import data, and then validate and import the license type to the system. After the import is complete, the import log file is created in the <ARServerInstallationDirectory>/ARSystem folder.
You must upload the import data and validation and import the uploaded data in the same session.
- From the Application Administration Console, choose Custom Configuration > Asset Management > Advanced Options > Import and Export License Types, and then click Open.
- On the AST:LicenseTypeUtility form, click the Import License Type link.
- Click Add in the Attach the arx file to be imported table to select the exported file that you want to import.
- In the Provide the import details below, enter the following information:
Briefly describe the reason for importing the license types.
Enter the name of the file to import.
Enter the password of the logged on user. If the logged on user does not have a password defined, select the Confirm password is blank check box.
ImportTool Folder Path
If you installed the BMC Remedy Data Import tool to a folder other than the default installation folder, enter the absolute path to that folder.
The default installation path, C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\dataimporttool, is displayed in the field.
- Click Upload Import Data.
The import tool verifies that the license type that you are importing does not already exist on the current system. After the import data is successfully loaded, Validate and Import button is enabled.
- Click Validate and Import to validate and import the uploaded license type data.
The time required for the import depends on the size of the file. When the file is successfully imported, the license type name is displayed in the License Types on this server list.
Click the Refresh button in the the License Types on this server table to get the updated list of license types and verify whether the imported license type is displayed.
- If the license type name is not displayed in the list, click View Import Log to view the log entries for the import and verify that it was successful.
If the import was unsuccessful, repeat the entire import procedure, starting with the data upload.
If import fails, you can use the BMC Remedy Data Import tool command line .bat file. For more information about using this tool see Advanced verification of license type import and export.
To import license types in a UNIX environment
Out of the box, BMC does not provide the BMC Remedy Data Import tool client installer for UNIX.
To import license types in a UNIX environment, copy the exported ARX file to the UNIX machine. Then, use the following command from the command prompt to import the license type to the UNIX server:
"importToolInstallPath\dataImport.bat" -x “destinationServerName” -u “<adminUserName>” -p “<password>” -a <port> -o “<licenseTypearxfileName>” -e 179 -D 3 -l "logFileName.log"
“C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\dataimporttool\DataImport.bat” -x “vl-pun-rem-qa65” -u “Demo” -p "" -a 0 -o “Percopy_12.arx” -e 179 -D 3 -l "ImportlogLinux.log"