Creating a license type by using advanced mode
This topic provides instructions for customizing your connection and compliance forms and for creating a license type by using the advanced mode.
To customize your connection and compliance forms
You can customize the connection and compliance template forms so that they can then be mapped using the license type wizard.
- Open the AST:ConnectionTemplate form in Developer Studio.
The form appears with default field types and labels.
- Save the template form under a new name. You will enter this name in a field in the license type wizard.
Change the labels and field characteristics so that they can be understood by the individual who will be creating the license certificate that uses this customized form. This form will appear for the user to enter data in when creating a license certificate.
The ID for each field has to be a unique value within the range 303000500 -303000900.
You can optionally add workflows or filters to make it easier to enter data, to validate data, or both.
- Save the form.
- Open the AST:ComplianceTemplate form in BMC Remedy Developer Studio and complete step 1 through to step 4 for it.
To continue creating a license type using advanced mode
You can complete the license type wizard after you select Advanced in the License Type Mode field of the License Type Information page.
- If you have not already done so, complete step 1 through step 4 in Creating custom license types. In step 4, select Advanced, and then click Next.
Two additional fields are displayed, which are not displayed for basic mode: Connection Form Name and Compliance Form Name
In the Connection Form Name field, enter the name of the connection form that you customized from the AST:ConnectionTemplate form to create this license type. See the steps in To customize your connection and compliance forms for more information about customizing this form.
You must spell your form names correctly when you enter them. Otherwise, the license type wizard will not be able to retrieve the fields for selection.
- In the Compliance Form Name field, enter the name of the compliance form that you customized from the AST:ComplianceTemplate form to create this license type. See the steps in To customize your connection and compliance forms for more information about customizing this form.
- Click Next.
The Map Connection Attributes page of the license type wizard for advanced mode appears.
- From the Customer Fields list, select a field from the connection form that you customized.
- Select a field type of either Char or Int.
The field type determines whether the user enters a character or integer answer to the question.
- Select the CI grouping for the license type.
When you select a CI grouping, the certificates created with this type are grouped under a master certificate, based on license type and the product categorization you select in the CI Grouping field.
Specify how to map the questions to CIs in BMC Atrium CMDB.
For each connection question, select the CI Type and Attribute and click Map Attribute.
To delete a mapped attribute, select it from the list at the bottom of the Build Connection Mapping list and click Remove.
- Click Next.
The Compliance Actions page of the license type wizard in advanced mode appears.
- Specify compliance actions.
Based on the run-time data from the rules engine and based on the compliance questions, select and create the following compliance actions:
- Get — Retrieves a list of values or a count of the matching records from the specified form. For more information, see Creating a Get Compliance Action.
- Calculate — Computes an expression. For more information, see Creating a Calculate Compliance Action.
- Compare — Does a comparison based on an expression. For more information, see Creating a Compare Compliance Action.
- Update — Modifies a list of values on a specified form. For more information, see Creating an Update Compliance Action.
- Start loop — Start loop processes a set of actions before moving on to the next. The Start Loop action is used to start a loop to return a list of values from a Get Action. A Start Loop Action must be created before the Get Action is created. Actions that use the Get action's results list are created after the Get.
- End loop — End loop ends the loop before moving to the actions outside the loop. When you select End Loop, a pop up appears prompting you to select the Start Loop action for which the End Loop is to be created.
- When you have finished specifying compliance actions, click Done.