Configuring the license engine to run
This procedure describes how to configure the license engine to run when you want it to and to perform the correct functions.
The license engine needs to run to:
- Associate orphaned CIs with contracts
- Remove expired CIs from the system
To run the license engine
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Rules, and then click Open.
- Click the License Engine tab.
- Select the LIVE run tag name from the drop-down list.
This is a mandatory field.
- Select the options to specify how and when CIs should be dropped:
- If you want to drop CIs after they have expired when the license engine is run, select Drop CIs after License Expiry.
- Select the number of days after their expiry date when the CIs should be dropped.
- From the Run Engine? list, select whether you want the license engine to run.
The default is Yes. When you select Yes, the engine runs against both connection and compliance rules.
- Select whether or not you want the license engine to be triggered to run when changes or deletions have been made to CIs and certificates.
The default is No.
- Select whether or not you want a prompt to run the license engine when a certificate is modified.
If you select Yes, on modification to key attributes or adding or removing CI associations, the system prompts you to run the license engine. The default is set to No.
- Select whether you want to run the license engine on license release.
If you select Yes, on reconciliation or automatic update of a license certificate, the license engine will run automatically. The default is No.
- Click Save and then click Close.