Configuring the approval process for CI configurations
Perform this procedure to configure the default criteria for approving configurations. If the BMC Change Management application is installed, the application creates a change request for the configuration and sends notification. Otherwise, the application sends notification.
For example, if you define the approval process for company A on this form, when you create a configuration from the Manage Configurations link in the BMC Asset Management application for company A, the application sends the request for approval to the group or individual specified to approve configurations for that company.
For more information, see Configuring approvals in the BMC Change Management documentation.
To configure the approval process for configurations
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Approval > Approval Process for CI Configurations, and then click Open.
- On the Configure Approval Process for Configurations form, click the New button in your browser.
- From the Company field, select the company whose approval process you want to configure.
- To configure a separate approval process for a specific region, site group, or site, make the appropriate selections.
- From the Group Notifications and Individual Notifications lists, select the group or individual to notify to approve configurations.
- If the BMC Change Management application is installed, you must also configure the change request generated for a new configuration:
- If there is an appropriate change template, select it. The change template indicates the change timing, impact, urgency, risk level, and lead time.
- If you do not select a change template, you must select the change timing, impact, urgency, and risk level. Optionally, you can specify the lead time to indicate the number of hours of preparation required before a change can be scheduled for implementation.
Risk Level 1 is the lowest risk and Risk Level 5 is the highest risk.
- Click Save.