Configuring processor multipliers
If you use the Per Core Multiplier, Per CPU Multiplier, Per CPU Constant, or Per Core Constant based license models, you must configure the multipliers or processor value units (PVUs) that the model will use. These multipliers usually vary from one software manufacturer to another, so you must configure a multiplier for each software manufacturer.
To configure processor multipliers
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Configure Processor Multipliers, and then click Open.
The Configure Processor Multipliers form is displayed.
- Select the Calculation Type, for the model that you are configuring.
- Select Multiplier for the Per Core and Per CPU Multiplier Based models.
- Select Constant for the Per Core and Per CPU Constant Based models.
- Select the Software Manufacturer that represents the manufacturer of the product that is related to the license certificate. This field is required.
- Select the Processor Type.
For the Per Core and Per CPU license models, you need to set up multipliers only for the Central Processor type. This field is required.
For steps 5 to 8, processor attributes should match the attributes of the processor in the CMDB.
- Enter or select a Processor Product Name.
- Select a Processor Family.
- Select a Processor Max Clock Speed.
- Enter a Multiplier.
This is a required field which supports real numbers.
While running the Per CPU Multiplier or Per Core based license models, if a multiplier is not found, a default multiplier of 1 is used. When running these license models the number of licenses deployed gets rounded off after the multiplier is applied.
- Click Save and then close the form.
Where to go from here
After you configure the multipliers, you must run the corresponding license jobs to use the multipliers. For more information about running license jobs, see License jobs and running the SWLM engine.