Configuration administrators require an overall view of the CIs for which their support groups are responsible. Some organizations call this role an asset manager. For CIs for which their support group is responsible, configuration administrators perform the following tasks:
- Create purchase requisitions.
- After an item is ordered has been delivered, verify the condition and inform purchasing.
- Label items after they have been delivered.
- Keep CIs up to date.
- Maintain the information of external organizations that supply or support items.
- Maintain CI relationships. These relationships include the relationships between a CI and other CIs, its supplier, its contracts, and the service infrastructures that it is a part of.
- Manage inventory.
- Perform bulk updates.
- Create maintenance schedules and audit schedules for CIs.
This role uses the following permissions:
- Asset Admin
- Contract User
- Purchasing User
- Receiving User