You can change the dataset in which you are working by selecting it from the Dataset Name list on the Asset Management console.
A dataset is a collection of CIs that are identified by a unique name.
CIs can be discovered by a discovery tool or manually entered. In either situation, the CIs are likely to be put into one of the following datasets in the BMC Atrium CMDB:
- BMC Asset — The default production dataset
- BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX — The default sandbox dataset. For information about the sandbox dataset, see Using a sandbox dataset for CI data.
- BMC Configuration Import — Data from BMC Configuration Automation for Clients
- BMC Impact Production — Data that is modeled in BMC Service Impact Manager
- BMC Topology Import — Data from BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping
- Third-party dataset — Other datasets from third parties
To see the BMC.ADDM dataset in the Asset Management console, you must have AR System administrator permissions.