Returning purchase items to be replaced
You can replace the items that you return. First, contact the supplier and arrange for a replacement of the return. Then, mark the item for replacement in the Return dialog box.
To return an item to be replaced
- To see purchase order line items waiting to be received, on the Receiving console, specify your search criteria, and click Search.
- Select the item you want to replace.
- Click Return.
- In the Return dialog box, from the Type list, select Replace.
- (Optional) In the RMA field, specify a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number.
- In the Quantity to Return field, specify the number of items to be replaced.
This number cannot be greater than the number remaining to be received.
- In the Reason for Return field, provide a reason for the replacement.
- Click OK.