Returning purchase items from a CI
If an item has been received and a CI was created for it, a configuration administrator can return or replace the item from the CI.
To return an item from a CI
- Open a CI, as described in Using search.
- From the navigation pane, choose Functions > Returns.
- In the Return Receipts dialog box, click Create.
- In the Return Information dialog box, from the Type list, select whether you are returning or replacing the item.
- (Optional) In the RMA field, specify a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number.
- In the Quantity to Return field, specify the number of items being returned or replaced.
This number cannot be greater than the number remaining to be received.
- In the Reason for Return field, provide a reason for the return.
- Click OK.