Returning purchase items
If you have inspected an item but have not yet marked it as received, you can return it. For example, you might want to return an item because it arrived damaged or is no longer needed.
If the item has already been received, a CI has been created for it. If the item is damaged or is no longer needed, the configuration administrator can return it from the CI.
To return an item from the Receiving console
- To see purchase order line items waiting to be received, on the Receiving console, specify your search criteria, and click Search.
Results matching your search criteria appear in the table.
- Select the item you want to return.
- Click Return.
- In the Return Item Information dialog box, from the Type list, select Return.
Selecting Return indicates that you are returning the item and canceling the request for the item.
- (Optional) In the RMA field, specify a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number.
- In the Quantity to Return field, reduce the number of items have yet to be received.
This number cannot be greater than the number remaining to be received.
- In the Reason for Return field, provide a reason for the return.
- Click OK.
If you return the total number of items remaining to be received, on the Receiving console, the item is removed from the table. If you return fewer items, the Required Qty value is reduced by the number you return, but the line item remains in the Receiving console.