Configuring the license engine
The license engine connects CIs to software licenses and checks compliance of certificates. The license engine needs to be run to process license types and actions that you configure as described in Configuring license types.
Certain parameters that you can configure control:
- The language in which the rules engine runs
- Memory retrieval page size
- Type and level of information captured in the log file
To configure the license engine
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management> Advanced Options> License Engine Configuration, and then click Open.
The License Engine Configuration form is displayed.
- Enter the language in which the engine is to run, which determines the language used by the exception table.
The default is EN for English.
- Select the maximum page retrieval size for memory swapping.
This parameter can help control the performance of your system. The higher the page retrieval size the better the performance of the rule engine.
- Select the maximum cache size for the rule engine's performance.
If the cache size you select is higher the performance of the rule engine will be better.
- Select the type and level of information you want to be written to the log files when the engine runs.
By default, this is set to ERROR. If you are in the process of debugging you must set the log level to DEBUG. The different types of log levels are as follows:
- ERROR—Displays only error messages. (This is the default log level.)
- WARN—Displays only error and warning messages
- INFO—Displays start and stop actions with basic information
- API—Displays API calls and counts of returned results
DEBUG—Displays granular details of each call (for example, Form name, Number of Records returned, Entry Values, Updated record count, and so on)
Setting the log level to DEBUG can degrade the performance of the rule engine.
Enter a customized path for the software license management (SWLM) log file, or leave the default path.
The default path is
C:\Program Files\BMS Software\ARSystem\ARServer\Db\SWLMFilter.log.
Click View to display the log file.
Select the maximum size (in kilobytes) of the SWLM log file.
The default size is set to 5000 KB.
When the log file reaches the maximum size, the system will create up to five backup log files. These log files will be incremented with a number. For example if your log file is called
SWLMFilter.log, the first back up log file will be called
- Click Save and then click Close.