Creating an Update Compliance Action
Use the Update Compliance Action to update fields on BMC Remedy AR System compliance forms or update compliance questions that are set to computed.
To create an Update Compliance Action
- On the Compliance Actions page of the license type wizard, select Update in the Action field and click Create.
The Update Action dialog box is displayed.
- Type a name for the action in the Name field.
- Select a source:
- AR — Allows an AR form to be selected and fields on that form to be updated
- Compliance Question — Allows configured compliance questions to be selected. Only those that are set to computed are available for selection. In addition to these questions, three compliance flags can also be set:
- Compliance flag is set to true (value equal to 1) or false (value equal to 0) to indicate if certificates are in or out of compliance.
- Breach levels can be set by an update rule to indicate that a certificate is approaching or about to be in breach compliance. Two breach flags are available for selection: Breach level 1 and Breach level 2. As an example, you would set Breach level 1 to warn you when the number of licenses you have was reduced to 10; you would set Breach level 2 to warn you when the number of licenses you have was reduced to 2. Breach level 3 is not available for selection because it is set automatically by workflow when the license certificate goes out of compliance.
- In the Target field, select a form name that contains the fields that will be updated. AST:Compliance_BasicQuestions is the compliance form for the basic mode and AST:Compliance_AdvancedQuestions is the compliance form for the advanced mode.
- In the Set field, select the field to be updated.
- In the Set Value From field, select the method to use for the update:
- Rule — Uses the rule (WHERE qualifier) that you build in the WHERE field. If you select Rule, skip to step 7.
- Constant — Uses the value you specify in the Value field (just below the Set Value From field). If you select Constant, skip to step 8.
- If you selected Rule in the preceding step, build the WHERE qualifier using the controls in the toolbar above the WHERE field. As you build the clause, it is displayed in the WHERE field.
If you selected Compliance Question for Source, the following default WHERE qualifier is created. You can modify this WHERE qualifier as required.
"GetCertificates.InstanceId" = 'Certificate_InstanceID'You can use the following rules to build your expression.
As you build the WHERE qualifier, you can delete it to make corrections at any time by clicking Clear.
- Select the rule:
- GetCertificates — Specifies the instance ID of the certificate as a value in the WHERE qualifier
- GetQuestions — Specifies the compliance question you select as a value in the WHERE qualifier
GetCertificates and GetQuestions are the default rules that appear. As you create actions, they also appear for you to select.
Some of the data created due to connection rules can also be selected here. For example, you can query relationship tables that were populated during a previous connection run.
- Select the operator.
- Select a field to enter as a value in the WHERE qualifier.
- To specify a free-form value, enter it in the Value field and click Add Value.
- Select the rule:
- If you selected Constant in step 6, enter the value in the Value field below the Constant option and click Add.
You can delete values that you have entered by selecting them from the list and clicking Remove.
- Select a matching requests value:
- Do not update, issue an error — Issue an error when the first matching record is encountered and abort the run.
- Do not update, issue a warning — Issue a warning for each matching record and continue until all records have been processed and the run is completed.
- Modify all matching records — Update all records that match.
- Click Save and then click Close.
- After you have finished adding all of the compliance actions you require, click Done to complete the license type wizard.