Creating a Get Compliance Action
Use the Get Compliance Action to retrieve information from BMC Remedy AR System or BMC Atrium CMDB forms.
To create a Get Compliance Action
- On the Compliance Actions page of the license type wizard, select Get in the Action field and click Create.
The Get Action dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a name for the Get Compliance Action.
- Select a source:
- CMDB — Used to get information from BMC Atrium CMDB forms based on the values of class attributes
- AR — Used to get data from any BMC Remedy AR System form
If you selected CMDB, a list of classes is shown in the CI Type field and an attribute. (Classes are shown here instead of form names.)
- If you selected AR, select the form name from the From field.
- Select the Get action type for which you want to create a query:
- List — Returns a list of records that match the criteria specified in the Get action that you are building
- Count — Sums the number of records that match the criteria specified in the Get action that you are building
- In the Select field, select from the list of fields displayed for the form or class you selected, and click Add.
If you selected Count in the preceding step, this field is unavailable.
Build the WHERE qualification using the controls in the toolbar above the WHERE field. As you build the WHERE qualification, it is displayed in the WHERE field.
As you build the WHERE qualification, you can delete it to make corrections at any time by clicking Clear.
You can use all or some of the following fields to build your WHERE qualification:
- Select the rule:
- GetCertificates — Specifies the instance ID of the certificate as a value in the WHERE qualification
GetQuestions — Specifies the compliance question that you select as a value in the WHERE qualification
GetCertificates and GetQuestions are the default rules that appear. As you create actions, they also appear for you to select.
Some of the data that is created through connection rules can also be selected here. For example, you can query relationship tables that were populated during a previous connection run.
- Select the operator.
- Select a field to enter as a value in the WHERE qualification.
- To specify a free-form value, enter it in the Value field and click Add Value.
- Select the rule:
- Click Save and then click Close.
- After you have finished adding all of the compliance actions that you require, click Done to complete the license type wizard.