Adding work information
You use the Work Info tab on the License Certificate Information form to add information about tasks performed on the current certificate. For example, you might want to add work information about the following topics:
- General Information — Notes about the record. For example, you might want to add a note that a particular license has been upgraded, and include the date.
- Asset Task — Notes about the asset task you are working on
- Implementation Plan — Notes about a plan to implement a global change throughout your organization
You can find more options in the Work Info Type list on the Work Info tab.
To add work information
- On the Software Asset Management (SAM) console, select a certificate.
- Click View Certificate.
- Click the Work Info tab.
- Complete the following fields:
Work Info Type
Select the type of work information that you want to add.
Select the date for the work information that you want to add.
Select the source of this information. For example, you can indicate whether the information was received through an email message, was a system assignment, or was a request received over the web.
Specify the details of your work information record.
To add an attachment, perform the following steps:
- Right-click in the attachment table, and choose Add.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, select a file, and then click Open.
To lock the log, select Yes.
If you select Yes, you cannot modify the work log after you save it.
Select the type of view access.
- Internal — Only users within your organization can see the entry.
- External — Everyone with access to the system can see the entry.
- Click View to see the work information that you have created and to update the Work Info History table, if necessary.
- To add the information to the Work Info History table, click Save.