Adding additional contract details
When you create a contract, you can include additional information like the rights granted, or terms and conditions agreed upon. Rights granted provides additional details of contracts like the specific rights provided by the contract.
The Rights granted feature allows you to record in detail the specific rights provided by the contract. Examples of these rights might include copyrights, rights to publish and sell, and other rights you are granting, receiving, or warranting.
Terms and conditions of the contract should be used to record specific obligations and limitations applying to your organization under the terms of the contract.
To record additional details for a contract
- From the Contract Management console, open the contract.
- From the left pane:
- Choose Functions > Terms and Conditions to add details of the contract terms and conditions.
- Choose Functions > Rights Granted to add details about rights granted by the contract.
On the Rights Granted or Terms and Conditions screen, click New and then enter the following values:
Status of the details. The following options are available:
- Draft - Details of the contract are in a draft state and need to be finalized.
- Executed - Details have been finalized and are included in the contract.
- Historical - Details were included in the contract, but are no longer applicable.
- Delete - Details are no longer applicable and can be removed from the contract.
Click the calendar icon to select the date from when the selected detail is effective. This date must be the same or later than current date and time.
Click the Calendar icon to select the date the selected detail expires. This date must be later than the effective date and current date and time.
Enter a short summary of the details of the rights granted or terms and conditions.
Include any additional notes related to the detail.
- Optionally, if the matter you want to include has been defined within a file, in the attachments table click Add.
- On the Add Attachment dialog box, click Browse to locate the details files, select the file to upload, and then click Open.
- Click OK to add the attachment. You can add up to 3 files.
- Click Save.
The details you included within the Rights Granted dialog box or the Terms and Conditions dialog box, are added as a part of the contract record.