Accessing and navigating the interface
This section provides general information about how to access the BMC Asset Management application and work in the user interface.
Accessing the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite applications
You can start Remedy ITSM from your browser and navigate through the application.
To log in and access the Remedy ITSM Suite applications
- Type the following URL into your browser:
- <webServer>: Fully qualified name of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier system, specified in the format server_name.company.com.
- <port>: (Optional) Port number (required if the web server is not on the default port)
- In the User Name and Password fields of the Welcome page, enter your user name and password.
Click Login. The IT Home Page opens.
The IT Home page opens by default, however, system administrators can use to open, instead.
Navigating the interface
This section describes the Asset Management console and some of its features, some of which are common across the other BMC Remedy IT Service Management applications. This section also introduces the other consoles in BMC Asset Management. The following topics are provided:
- IT Home page
- Navigating consoles, forms, and modules
- User interface standards for field labels
- Icons used in the interface
- Using the Asset Management console
- Role-based consoles
- Working with the Overview console
- About the Contract Management console
- About the Software Asset Management (SAM) console
- Viewing KPIs