Viewing installation and uninstallation log files
The Maintenance Tool provides access to installation and uninstallation logs. Each time that you run the installer or uninstaller, it creates a log file that you can view from a log viewer, which you launch from the Maintenance Tool.
The log viewer is the graphical presentation of the log files. Each installer log session is displayed as a tab. The tab's name includes a timestamp of the installer run. The tab displays the contents of the log file, with errors highlighted in red and warnings highlighted in yellow. Entries are presented in a table format that you can sort.
To view installation and uninstallation log files in the log viewer
- Start the Maintenance Tool utility.
- In the Maintenance Tool, click the Logs tab.
- Click Install Log or Uninstall Log. (To browse for a specific log file, click Browse to Log.)
- In the log viewer, click the tab for the log that you want to view.
- Search for rows highlighted in red (errors) or yellow (warnings).
To sort a column, click the column header. To reverse sort a column, press the Shift key while clicking the column header.