Using the CURRENT SCREEN and CURRENT TRANSACTION data sources
When you define the data source for a Set Fields action as CURRENT SCREEN (active links) or CURRENT TRANSACTION (filters and escalations), the field is set with a value that is not from the database. You can set the field value by getting a value from another field in the current request (active links or filters), by defining a static value, by using a BMC Remedy AR System server keyword, or by using the result of a function, process, or arithmetic operation.
To use the CURRENT SCREEN or CURRENT TRANSACTION data source
- Right-click the If Actions or Else Actions panel header.
- Select Add Action > Set Fields.
- From the Data Source list, select CURRENT SCREEN (active links) or CURRENT TRANSACTION (filters and escalations.) This is the default setting.
- In the field mapping table, click the first blank row in the Field column, and then click the ellipsis button to open the Field Selector dialog box.
- In the Field Selector dialog box, enter the field to which you want to assign a value in the Field column.
- In the Value column for this field, build an expression to define the value to set, as described in Mapping fields to values.
You can set the field value using another field in the current request, a keyword, a static value, or other data sources, such as the result from a process, function, filter API. For information about using external data sources, see the sections and guides referenced in Set Fields data sources.
- When the expression is complete, click OK to close the Expression Editor dialog box.
If you enter a server name and form different than the CURRENT SCREEN, but you do not reference a field from another form, there is no need to retrieve a value from the database, and the server name and form revert to CURRENT SCREEN when the workflow object is reopened. Also, If you enter a form different than the CURRENT TRANSACTION but you set the field by using a static value or a keyword or if you do not set the field from another form, there is no need to retrieve a value from the database, and the form reverts to CURRENT TRANSACTION when the workflow object is reopened.
- To change additional fields using the same Set Fields action, continue selecting fields in the Field column, and then define the appropriate expression in the Value column.
If you have dependent fields, you should always break up the set fields into multiple Set Field actions so that field dependencies are executed correctly.