Using an AR Export file to change the request ID field format
You can edit AR Export (.arx ) files regardless of the database underlying your BMC Remedy AR System. You can use the .arx strategy or a different strategy that bypasses BMC Remedy AR System to operate directly in the database.
To change the Request ID field format through an AR Export file
- In the browser, open the form that you want to change.
- Create a report. See Setting up a new report.
- Perform the following to export the results of the BMC Remedy AR System report to the .arx file format:
- Select the report from the list.
- In the Destination field, select File.
- In the Format field, select .arx output format for the report.
- Run the report as described in Running reports.
For more information, see Exporting BMC Remedy AR System reports.
To export a complete record to an ARX file on the Report Console > Reportcreator form, select each field manually.
- Edit the file to change the format of the Request ID field.
See Editing the .arx file.
- In the browser, delete all requests in the form.
- In Data Import, choose File > New Mapping.
- In the Source Data File field, enter the .arx file you edited.
- In the Source Form Name, enter the form from which you created the .arx file.
- In the Target Server and Target Form Name fields, enter the server and form to which to import the data.
This is the same server name and form name you used to create the .arx file. (You are simply changing the Request ID field on the same form.)
- Click Auto Map to map the fields.
- Click the Options tab.
- Under the Data Handling panel, select the following options:
- Make Non-Core Required Fields Optional
- Disable Pattern Matching
- Under the Duplicates panel, select Reject Duplicate Records from the Handle Duplicate Request IDs By list.
- Choose Import > Start Import.