Troubleshooting Update KAM Mapping plug-in issues
The Update KAM Mapping plug-in updates the Knowledge Article Manager (KAM) core fields (Submit Date and Create Date) by using the Merge Entry call for the Unified Data Management (UDM) use case, and also updates the KAM Mapping field.
To troubleshoot Update KAM Mapping plug-in issues
- Verify the Update KAM Mapping plug-in configuration.
For more information, see Update KAM Mapping plug-in configuration.
For more information on AR System Administration: Plugin Server Configuration form and AR System Administration: AR System Configuration Generic UI form, see Configuring java plug-in servers and Updating configuration settings by using the AR System Configuration Generic UI form.
- Troubleshoot common plug-in related issues.
For more information, see General approach for troubleshooting plug-in issues.
- If you need to investigate the issue further, enable the following logs:
- Server side logs. For more information, see Enabling server-side AR System logs.
- Plug-in specific logs. For more information, see To enable logging for the Update KAM Mapping plug-in.
To enable logging for the Update KAM Mapping plug-in
To troubleshoot plug-in related issues, you must enable plug-in logging by using the System Configuration form to set the plug-in log level to DEBUG.
- Open the System Configuration form.
- From the Plugin Log Level list, select DEBUG.
- Select the Content Form Sync (RMDY.ITSM.RKM.UPDATEKAMMAPPINGS) check box.
- Click Search.
- Click Save.
The arjavaplugin.log file generates the debug logging for the Update KAM Mappings plug-in without restarting the AR System server.