Troubleshooting SDG plug-in issues
The Spreadsheet Data Generator (SDG) plug-in looks up the BMC Remedy AR System forms, fields, and conditional dependency of fields and retrieves the field properties such as the help text, length, and label of these fields. The SDG plug-in then generates columns for each field in a Microsoft Excel file, which is used to store data.
To troubleshoot SDG plug-in issues
- Verify the SDG plug-in configuration.
For more information, see SDG plug-in configuration.
For more information on AR System Administration: Plugin Server Configuration form and AR System Administration: AR System Configuration Generic UI form, see Configuring java plug-in servers and Updating configuration settings by using the AR System Configuration Generic UI form.
- Troubleshoot common plug-in related issues.
For more information, see General approach for troubleshooting plug-in issues.
- If you need to investigate the issue further, enable the following logs:
To enable logs for the SDG plug-in
In a browser, open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Plugin Server Configuration.
- On the Plugin Server Configuration form, from the
- Select the Plugin Server Configuration tab.
- In the Logging Configurations area, from the Log Level list, select DEBUG.
- Click Apply.
The arjavaplugin.log file now generates the debug logs for the SDG plug-in.