Troubleshooting Remedy Email Engine
While troubleshooting Remedy Email Engine, complete the following tasks:
- Check the known and corrected issues in Remedy Action Request (AR) System.
- Apply the latest hotfix for Email Engine. To download the latest hotfix, see the knowledge article KA 000164912.
The hotfix patch names for Email Engine start with SE (for Server Email), whereas the hotfix package names for AR System server begin with SR (for Server). The hotfixes for Email Engine and the hotfixes for AR System server are placed together. Make sure that you check the hotfix level of both AR System server and Email Engine. For any questions about hotfixes and applying hotfixes, read through the associated Readme file or contact BMC Support by opening a support ticket. Troubleshooting Email Engine involves many components, such as AR System server, database, workflow, network, and email server.
When an issue occurs while using Email Engine, analyze the cause. To resolve the issues, see the following topics in the Troubleshooting Guide for Email Engine:
- Troubleshooting outgoing issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting incoming issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting performance issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting startup issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting service failover issues or server group issues with Email Engine
- Troubleshooting common issues with Email Engine
Connect with Remedy webinars for Email Engine
You can watch the recordings of the following webinars for Email Engine on BMC Communities:
- Connect with Remedy webinar - Remedy 9: Configuring Email Engine in a Server Group
- Connect with Remedy webinar - Troubleshooting Email Engine issues
Popular knowledge articles for Email Engine
You can read the following popular knowledge articles for Email Engine on BMC Communities:
- Does Remedy Email Engine support modern authentication that Microsoft has enforced for Office365 from October 2020?
- Steps to test your mailbox configuration outside of the Email Engine (Includes a video)
- Using telnet to verify connectivity to mail servers (SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, and MAPI)
- Steps to enable Email Engine logs in 9.x
- Troubleshooting when HTM/HTML and HREF tags do not work properly after you use a notify action on a custom filter
- Troubleshooting when Email Engine does not process emails after you restart AR System server
- Configuring Office 365 to work with Email Engine in 9.x
- Troubleshooting when AR System 9.x Remedy services do not start after you upgrade Java (Windows/Linux)
- Enabling Transport Layer Security (TLS) for Email Engine
- Troubleshooting when an approval email gets rejected with the "The modify key in the incoming modify action email message is invalid. Make sure that the modify key was not modified" message
- Troubleshooting when you get "ERROR (623): Authentication failed; Remedy Application Service" in the Email Engine log trying to connect to AR System server
- Clarification about the Service Failover configuration in Email Engine on AR System 9.x