Troubleshooting Registration plug-in issues
The Registration plug-in provides an interface to the Remedy Knowledge Management user to register new knowledge sources and also modify, remove, enable, and disable the knowledge sources.
To troubleshoot Registration plug-in issues
- Verify the Registration plug-in configuration.
For more information, see Registration plug-in configuration.
- Troubleshoot common plug-in related issues.
For more information, see General approach for troubleshooting plug-in issues.
- If you need to investigate the issue further, enable the following logs:
Enabling logging for the Registration plug-in
To troubleshoot plug-in related issues, you must enable plug-in logging by changing the plug-in log level in the System Configuration form or by editing the plug-in log level in the log4j_pluginsvr.xml file.
To enable logging by using the System Configuration form
- Open the System Configuration form.
- From the Plugin Log Level list, select DEBUG.
- Select the Source Registration (RMDY.ITSM.RKM.REGISTRATION) check box.
- Click Search.
- Click Save.
The arjavaplugin.log file now generates the debug logging for the Registration plug-in without restarting the AR System server.
To enable logs by using the Plugin Server Configuration form
In a browser, open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Plugin Server Configuration.
- On the Plugin Server Configuration form, from the
- Select the Plugin Server Configuration tab.
- In the Logging Configurations area, from the Log Level list, select DEBUG.
The arjavaplugin.log file now generates the debug logs for the Registration plug-in without restarting the AR System server.