Troubleshooting plug-in issues
Several plug-ins are installed and configured during the BMC Remedy AR System installation. For information about the types of plug-ins that are supported, see Plug-in types supported by BMC Remedy AR System.
While working with the plug-ins, you may encounter the following issues:
- A plug-in does not load.
- A plug-in fails to start or times out.
- The plug-in server is not running and does not load the plug-ins.
- The plug-in server is not responding and all the plug-ins time out.
- The plug-in server occasionally times out as it is not configured to handle the volume of plug-in calls.
- A plug-in error occurs.
- The AR System server fails to establish a connection with the plug-in server.
- The AR System server times out when connecting to the plug-in server.
- No errors occur, but you want to see the debug logging to understand the behavior of the plug-in.
The above issues may occur on one or more servers in a server group. To effectively resolve the issue, you should first isolate the issue to the server, plug-in, or to the context. For more information, see the following topics:
- General approach for troubleshooting plug-in issues
- Enabling server-side AR System logs
- Troubleshooting issues with plug-in servers
- Troubleshooting issues with ARDBC plug-ins
- Troubleshooting issues with AR System Filter API plug-ins
- Troubleshooting issues with AREA plug-ins
Watch the following video on YouTube https://youtu.be/s_YVSX4ct8g to know more about Plug-in server basics:
Watch the following video on YouTube https://youtu.be/7W0rEAc-Zpo to understand how to troubleshoot the Plug-in server: