Troubleshooting plug-in issues
Several plug-ins are installed and configured during the BMC Remedy AR System installation. For information about the types of plug-ins that are supported, see Plug-in types supported by BMC Remedy AR System.
While working with the plug-ins, you may encounter the following issues:
- A plug-in does not load.
- A plug-in fails to start or times out.
- The plug-in server is not running and does not load the plug-ins.
- The plug-in server is not responding and all the plug-ins time out.
- The plug-in server occasionally times out as it is not configured to handle the volume of plug-in calls.
- A plug-in error occurs.
- The AR System server fails to establish a connection with the plug-in server.
- The AR System server times out when connecting to the plug-in server.
- No errors occur, but you want to see the debug logging to understand the behavior of the plug-in.
The above issues may occur on one or more servers in a server group. To effectively resolve the issue, you should first isolate the issue to the server, plug-in, or to the context. For more information, see the following topics:
Watch the following video (26:00) to learn more about Plug-in server basics.
Watch the following video (46:35) to learn more about troubleshoot the Plug-in server.