Tips for using Microsoft Access with BMC Remedy AR System
This section includes tips for using Microsoft Access with BMC Remedy AR System.
- Avoid using special characters (such as brackets, decimal points, hyphens, and spaces) when naming tables and columns.
When you set up an ODBC driver for use with Microsoft Access, select the Use Underscores check box. This check box is shown in AR System ODBC Setup dialog box.
- Table names that are nearly identical, such as My.Table and My Table (names that include decimal points, hyphens, and spaces), are not differentiated by the driver.
Searching for data in these tables might produce unexpected results. Rename table and field names that are nearly identical.
- Maximum size of an entry or data set in Microsoft Access is 2K.
If you encounter the errors Record too large when using the Import Table option or This form or report is based on a query that exceeds the limit for data in a single record when using the Link Table option, you must exclude unnecessary fields from the search or report. See your Microsoft Access documentation for additional information about excluding fields.
- Your Microsoft Access authorized signature and your AR System user name and password might conflict.
If you notice that the tables or fields disappear (although you have access permissions) when you work on reports, it is caused by a login identification conflict. To resolve this problem:
- Select the same user name and password that you use to log in to AR System.
- Turn off the following flag in the Registry and set the value to 0: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Jet\3.5\Engines\ ODBC\TryJetAuth
- When using Microsoft Access to link tables from an AR System ODBC data source, you enter information into several dialog boxes. Do not select any options from the Select Unique Record Identifier dialog box. Click OK to close that dialog box.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you