Storing templates in the AR System Email Templates form
When you create or export templates, they must be stored in the AR System Email Templates form to be used recurrently in emails.
To add a template to the AR System Email Templates form
- Create or export your template.
- Open the AR System Email Templates form in new mode in the mid tier.
- Click the Template Information tab, and select the template format (Text or HTML) from the Template Format list.
- Specify the Encoding so that the Email Engine can parse the templates. If you leave the Encoding field empty, the default encoding of the local system is employed.
- Right-click in the attachment pool, and choose Add from the menu that appears.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, navigate to the appropriate location and open the template file that you want to add.
The file is added to the list of attachments in the Email Templates form. You can also click and drag a template to the attachment pool if you are using a Windows system.
- Select the item in the attachment pool, and click the edit button next to the Template Name field.
The name of the attachment is displayed in the Template Name field. For example:
You can edit the file name, for example, to template1.htm.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
It is useful to enter a description indicative of the function of the template.
- Click Save.
The system assigns a Template ID number to the template. (The Template ID field is hidden.)
If an HTML template contains a reference to a graphic file, you should add the graphic file as an attachment. For more information, see Adding attachments to HTML templates.