Setting up flashboard update intervals
The mid tier displays flashboards in a web browser and generates Flashboards images from information in the mid tier cache. You can change mid tier cache update times from Flashboards Settings in the BMC Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool.
To change mid tier cache update times
- Enter the following URL to open the BMC Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool:
The default login password is arsystem.
- Click Cache Settings to open the Cache Settings page.
Cache Settings page in BMC Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool
(Click the image to expand it.)
- Make changes to the Update Flashboards Definition Interval settings.
The Flashboards definition is the graph and data representation. The definition interval is the interval (in seconds) at which the server updates the Flashboards cache information. The default value for both Windows and UNIX is 0, which means that caching is disabled.
- Click Save Changes to save the new values.
To configure BMC Remedy AR System to view flashboards using the default URL path
- In a browser, from the server that contains the flashboard, open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Server Information.
The BMC Remedy AR System Administration: Server Information form appears.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Default Web Path field, change the default URL path to:
where hostName is the location where you installed the BMC Remedy Mid Tier and port is the port number. The port number is optional.
For example, if your host name is abc, and your port number is 230 (optional), your default URL path would be:
Refresh your flashboard to view the most recent historical, summary, and real-time data.