BMC Remedy Migrator is fully Unicode capable. BMC Remedy Migrator allows migration of objects and data between non-Unicode and Unicode servers. BMC Remedy Migrator does not have to be executed on the same locale as a non-Unicode server.
Definition (.def ) files with multiple character encodings can be migrated as long as each block within the .def file contains the character encoding used at the beginning of the block. If that line is missing, the migration must be executed on a server of the same locale that was used to create the .def file.
This section describes how to migrate objects, fields, and data. It also includes procedures on how to run and clear migrations, and how to perform Copy/Prefix migrations.
This section contains information about:
- Migration checklist
- Managing migrations
- Migrating objects between servers or files
- Migrating applications
- Migrating a form view and its associated fields
- Migrating fields
- Migrating data
- Migrating objects to the same server
- Migrating differing objects
- Migrating dependent objects from a Dependency report
- Migrating overlay objects and custom objects
- Migrating using command-line interface