Performance issues processing Distributed Server Option operations
Perform the following steps to investigate performance issues in processing Distributed Server Option (DSO) operations:
- Determine the number of entries in DSO Pending Operation:
- From AR System Administration Console, select System > Distributed Server Option > Pending DSO Operations.
- Search for operations with CreateDate before $DATE$.
- After a minute, refresh the search to determine how many operations were processed in a minute.
- Determine the rate at which they are processed.
- Perform the same process against each pool, to see if each is processing pending operations.
- Determine if the rate of operations is in proportion with the requirement. If the rate is satisfactory, but there are many operations to process, there may be a large data load to process and no further investigation may be required.
- Verify that the value of DSO pools are set based on the requirement. Increasing the number of DSO pools increases the processing load on the server, but provides more parallelism. Verify that you have sufficient ARServer threads defined to accommodate the pools.
- Assign DSO to a specific RPC ID.
- Investigate BMC Remedy AR System performance issues, if necessary.