Navigating the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console
This topic explains how to navigate the AR System Administration Console to configure servers and clients to work with BMC Remedy AR System.
In this topic:
Opening the AR System Administration Console
- In a browser, go to the following URL address:
- Log in.
- Select AR System Administration > AR System Administration Console.
AR System Administration Console introduction
The AR System Administration Console gives you access to many administrator functions in BMC Remedy AR System. The console is part of the AR System Server Administration plug-in, which consists of a library file and a deployable application. (The plug-in is installed as part of the AR System server installation.)
AR System Administration Console
(Click the image to expand it.)
The following sections describe the categories available in the AR System Administration Console.
- General— Provides the following links that enable you to configure your server and view server information:
- Server Information — Used to configure your server. See Configuring AR System servers.
- FTS Configuration — Used to configure FTS. See FTS Configuration form in the AR System Administration Console.
- Review Statistics — Used to view statistics about the server.
- Review Server Events — Used to capture server-related activities and use them in workflow and API programs. See Capturing server events for workflow or API calls.
- Add or Remove Licenses — Used to configure license information. See Working with BMC Remedy AR System licenses.
- Password Management Configuration — User to force password changes. See Enforcing a password policy introduction.
- Orchestrator Configuration — Used to define the Atrium Orchestrator web service for BMC Remedy AR System. See Defining BMC Atrium Orchestrator web services.
- Web Services Registry — Used to register a web service. See Registering, modifying, and de-registering web services.
- Web Services Registry Query — Used to register the ServiceContext web service for a BMC application. See Registering the Service Context web service for BMC applications.
- Distributed Server Option (DSO) — Provides the following links that enable you to configure DSO. See How BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option manages distributed business requests.
- LDAP — Provides the following links that enable you to configure LDAP. See LDAP plug-ins in BMC Remedy AR System.
ARDBC Configuration — Used to configure the ARDBC plug-in. See 2020-09-15_13-10-56_Configuring the ARDBC LDAP plug-in.
AREA Configuration — Used to configure the AREA plug-in. See Configuring the AREA LDAP plug-in.
- Email — Provides the following links that enable you to configure Email Engine. See Controlling BMC Remedy AR System through email.
- Mailbox Configuration — Used to configure outgoing and incoming mailboxes. See Configuring outgoing mailboxes and Configuring incoming mailboxes.
- Email Templates — Used to create templates for outgoing or incoming email. See Creating and using email templates.
- Email Security — Used to configure outgoing and incoming mailbox security. See Securing incoming and outgoing email.
- Email Error Logs — Used to store the logs of errors that have occurred during email transmissions. See Email error and system status logs.
- Users/Groups/Roles— Used to configure users, groups, and roles. See these topics:
- Users — Used to configure users. See Adding and modifying user information.
- Groups — Used to configure groups. See Creating and managing groups.
- Roles — Used to configure roles. See Creating and mapping roles.
- License Review — Used to view the current user information. See Viewing user license information.
- Business Time — Used to configure business time. See Defining business schedules using Business Time.
- Reports — Used to configure reports. See Configuring reporting.
- Currency— Used to configure currency fields. See Currency fields and Setting currency types.
- Other— Used to view Message Catalog entries and application state information.
Admin Preferences category
This category enables you to configure and search for centralized administrator preferences, which are discussed in Setting user preferences.
User Preferences category
This category enables you to configure and search for centralized user preferences, which are discussed in Setting user preferences.
My User Preferences
My Central Files
Search User Preferences
Search User Central Files
Search User Search Preferences