Managing reports with the Report form
The Report form stores report definitions and metadata about the report. This section describes most of the fields in the Report form. For information about using the locale field and localizing reports, see Managing localized Crystal and Web reports.
To appear in the Report Console or in the ReportSelection form, a report must have an entry in the Report form. This occurs automatically when you create and save a new Web or BMC Remedy AR System report. For many reports, no further action is required. You should only make modifications directly in the Report form when you need to take one of the following actions:
- Change the group permissions for a report, or change the availability of the report.
- Modify the base qualification or control query override settings.
- Configure a localized copy of an existing report.
- Register report definition designed outside of BMC Remedy AR System, such as a Crystal report, that you want to make available to BMC Remedy AR System users.
The Report form stores report definitions for all report types, including Web reports, BMC Remedy AR System reports, and Crystal reports. It also stores metadata about the report, including the following information:
- The report name, report type, and description
- The associated form and the report definition file
- The report permission and availability settings
- An optional base qualification and query override controls
- Localization settings
The following sections provide information about how to work with reports: