License types overview
To use BMC Remedy AR System fully, you need several types of licenses in addition to an AR System server license:
- BMC Remedy AR System User— The following types of licenses provide users write access to an AR System server:
- AR User Fixed
- AR User Floating
See License types for users to access BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Server options — Optional server components, such as Distributed Server Option (DSO), require separate licenses.
- Application — To be run on an BMC Remedy AR System server, most applications must be licensed on the server.
- Application user— To use BMC Remedy AR System-based applications, each user needs the following licenses:
- BMC Remedy AR System user (fixed or floating)
- Application user (fixed or floating)
An BMC Remedy AR System server with no server license enables you to assign these licenses:
- Three fixed user licenses
- Unlimited user read licenses
- Unlimited user restricted read licenses
You can evaluate BMC Remedy AR System without purchasing or activating any licenses. You are limited, however, to a maximum of 2000 requests per form.
To purchase additional licenses, contact your BMC Remedy product sales representative or an authorized reseller.
For information about licensing applications that you create using BMC Remedy products, see Making applications licensable for integration system vendors.