Installing AR System Log Analyzer
AR System Log Analyzer, arwklga.exe, is a Perl command-line utility available for download from BMC Developer Communities. It parses BMC Remedy AR System API, Filter, and SQL logs to obtain statistics about the transactions captured in the logs. These statistics are useful for analyzing performance issues with BMC Remedy AR System applications, such as BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite and BMC Atrium CMDB.
The download includes several files:
- arwklga.html — Documentation for the AR System Log Analyzer utility, which describes the commands and explains how to use the utility
- arpreparelogs.exe — AR Prepare Logs, a companion utility to run before AR System Log Analyzer, which formats and merges log files
- arwklga.exe — AR System Log Analyzer, which generates output files to summarize transaction statistics
To install AR System Log Analyzer
- Open a browser, and log on to BMC Communities.
- Click Remedy 9: New AR Log Analyzer - Recorded Session for a quick overview of the AR System Log Analyzer.
- Click EPD Direct Download link to download the AR System Log Analyzer.
- Download ARLogAnalyzer9104.zip to a temporary directory on a Microsoft Windows computer.
- Extract the archive file to the directory of your choice, and then add this directory to your path environment variable.
The AR System Log Analyzer utility is documented in the arwklga.html file that is available in the arwklga_templates sub-directory.
A Python based utility is also available for download from BMC Communities. For more information, see Python-based AR Log Analyzer.