How the Server Events form is created
The Server Events form is created automatically by the server and contains the following reserved fields:
- 800 AR_RESERV_SVR_EVENT_TYPE
- 801 AR_RESERV_SVR_EVENT_CAUSE
- 802 AR_RESERV_SVR_EVENT_DETAILS_1
- 803 AR_RESERV_SVR_EVENT_DETAILS_2
- 804 AR_RESERV_SVR_EVENT_DETAILS_3
These fields distinguish the Server Events form from all other forms. Only one Server Events form can exist in the AR System database; therefore, only one form contains these reserved fields.
The Server Events form can be created as follows:
- Case 1: When the server starts, the server creates the Server Events form automatically if the form does not already exist in the BMC Remedy AR System database. If you delete the Server Events form, the server automatically regenerates the form the next time the server is started.
- Case 2: If you create your own Server Events form, you must supply default values with the correct data type for the required core fields. If the Server Events form already exists and you try to create a form with the reserved fields, the server returns an error when you try to save the form. Error checking does not allow the existence of more than one Server Events form.
You can modify the Server Events form by using BMC Remedy Developer Studio or a driver. You can rename the Server Events form; however, if any of the reserved fields is removed, the form is no longer a valid Server Events form.