FTS Configuration form in the AR System Administration Console
You can use the AR System Administration FTS Configuration form to configure Full Text Search (FTS). You can access this form from the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console.
You must configure FTS manually using the AR System Administration FTS Configuration form in the following scenarios:
- If you select the Install option to install FTS.
If you select the Upgrade option to upgrade an existing version of FTS.
AR System Administration FTS Configuration form
AR System Administration FTS Configuration form fields
Use the FTS Agent check box to enable or disable the FTS plug-in processes in the armonitor.cfg/conf file.
If you select this check box, the FTS plug-in processes are automatically uncommented in the armonitor file. If you clear this check box and save the changes, the FTS processes are automatically commented in the armonitor file.
Using the FTS Agent check box does not require manual intervention to uncomment the FTS plug-in processes in the armonitor file.
You must restart the AR System server for the changes to take effect.
Select any one of the options and perform the following:
Only the server acting as an indexing server should have the ranking for Full Text Operation in the AR System Server Group Operation Ranking form.
For more information, see Configuring full text search for a server group.
Enter the FTS port for indexer server. The recommended port range is 9977 - 9998.
Max JVM Memory
Enter the JVM heap size (in megabytes) for indexer server.
Indexer Server Name
Enter the name of the indexer server.
FTS Collection Directory
Enter the full path of the FTS Collection directory.
FTS Configuration Directory
Enter the full path of the FTS Configuration directory.
- You must log on to each server and perform FTS configuration on each server using the FTS Configuration form.
- You must restart the AR System server for the changes made to this form to take effect.
- Ensure that the Collection and Configuration directories are available on a local drive of each indexing server.
- Log on to each server and ensure that the paths of the Collection and Configuration directories are identical on all the servers in the server group. For example, if the indexing servers in a server group are running on Windows and the paths of these directories are C:\data1\BMCData\BMCARSystem\FTS\Collection and C:\data1\BMCData\BMCARSystem\FTS\Configuration respectively, ensure that all reader servers have the same path set in their ar.cfg conf file with respect to the location of the Collection directory on the indexing servers. The fail-over fails if the directory paths are different. All indexing servers and reader servers in a server group refer to this path in the ar.cfg conf file. The indexing servers also refer to this path for the FTS plug-ins in the AR System Administration: Plugin Server Configuration form.
BMC Remedy AR System does not support Full Text Search if you have read-only database. For more information on using read-only database, see Using read-only database.