Errors encountered by Distributed Server Option
Perform the following steps to investigate errors in Distributed Server Option (DSO):
- Identify unique errors.
- Enable logs to capture more information on the errors.
- Analyze DSO, Filter, API, and SQL logs.
- Analyze logs, characterize issues, and identify errors and steps to correct the error.
Enabling logs to capture more information on errors
For getting detailed information, enable the following logs on both the source and destination AR System servers:
Ensure the following actions:
- Set the log level to Info for the DSO logs.
- The API log and SQL log must write to the same log name and location.
- You must leave the logs enabled till the problem has been reproduced to capture the behavior of the issue.
Locating errors in DSO operations
Use the following tips to locate error messages for DSO operations:
- Search the DSO log for *ERROR* to identify issues. For each unique error, identify a test case to analyze from the logs.
- In the Filter, API, and SQL logs,
grepthe lines with
<USER:Distributed Server>to a separate file to identify operations initiated by Distributed Server.
- Search for
ARERRin the API log, or **** in the Filter log to find error messages.
- Identify the value of RPC ID on the line with the error, for example:
<RPC ID: 0000012345>and
grepthe lines with the string
<RPC ID: 0000012345>from the API, SQL, and Filter logs to separate files. These files provide the flow of operations for a single operation and failure.