Defining BMC Remedy AR System reports
Create an BMC Remedy AR System report if you need to export data directly to BMC Remedy AR System export (.arx), BMC Remedy AR System XML, or comma-separated value (.csv) format.
- In the Report Console, click New.
- Select the BMC Remedy AR System report type.
The ReportCreator opens in New mode.
(Click the image to expand it.)
- In the Report Name field, enter a unique, locale-specific name for the report; for example, MyReport-en.
- From the Report Format drop-down list, select one of the following options for the format of the report:
- Record — Displays each field of the request on a separate line.
- Column — Displays each field as a column heading, and displays information from each request in a separate row.
- Compressed — Compresses the information with commas, white space, or any other specified character between the columns. In a browser, the compressed format is viewed in a column format.
- (For administrators) In the Locale field, enter the locale of the report in the format language_Country, for example pt_BR.
The country portion of the locale code is optional, depending on whether you want to allow all country variations of a language to use the report. If you enter only the language portion, all country variations of a language can use the report. For example, an entry of pt would include all country variations of Portuguese, but pt_BR designates only Brazilian Portuguese.
For a list of standard choices for this field, check the Locale view property on any form in BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- In the Report Set field, enter a locale-independent description for the report.
The Report Set field is used to identify locale variants of the same report. The combination of Report Set and Locale must be unique.
- Update each tab in the form as described in the following sections.
Entries that are specific to Windows reports are identified in each of the tabs. Those settings are ignored for Web reports.
- Save the report.